Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lost...

Intense feeling too often obscures the truth.
- Harry S. Truman


I feel lost in just about everything right now. Lost in my ability as a mother, a wife, a friend. Lost in depression, sorrow, and anxiety. Lost in a drug induced haze from a horrible medication I am trying to withdraw from. Wondering where the next phase of my life is going to take me, the list goes on and on...Plain and simple, I feel lost, wondering around trying to find my way out, but just finding dead ends lost. As I was thinking about this tonight it reminded me of one of my favorite childhood memories. When I was a little girl my aunt and uncle and two little cousins were living in London, England. The July when I was 5-years-old my family traveled "across the pond" for a visit. I have a lot of great memories from this trip, but one of my favorites is the day my daddy took just me to go and explore some castles and gardens. When were able to go through this amazing maze created by very tall hedges. We wondered through it for awhile eventually running into the same people over and over again. All lost. All trying to find a way out. Well my daddy is a tall man, and when a tall man puts his 5-year-old daughter on his shoulders it gives you the ability to see over the hedges and find your way out. 25 years later I don't remember how long we were actually in the maze but to a 5-year-old it doesn't take long for it to seem like an eternity and for the fear and anxiety to start to set in. But I never truly needed to fear we were lost for good, I was with my daddy and he never let anything bad happen to me. He found our way and led us out safely. I'm all but 30 now, but I'm still my daddy's little girl and more importantly than teaching me how to find my way out of a maze, my parents have taught me to take every worry, fear, and anxiety to my Heavenly Father. 
Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:25-33(NIV)
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

So if my Heavenly Father cares enough to make sure the sparrow finds his food. Then I know without a doubt He will pick me up and carry me on his shoulders out of this maze I have lost myself in. Because even if I can't find me right now, Christ knows exactly where I am and will hold me until my legs are steady enough for me to walk again.  I'll leave you with a quote from a very wise women, Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt ~With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.

His strength is perfect
When our strength is gone
He'll carry us
When we can't carry on
Raised in His power
The weak become strong
His strength is perfect
His strength is perfect

Let Go, Let God, and be Forever Held,
MKAYL

No comments:

Post a Comment